Confirming your admission
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you
- Fill in the online admission form or complete online admission form or complete the admission form you’ve received from your doctor as soon as possible and return it to us
- Have the following ready when you fill in your admission form
- Personal/next of kin details
- Medicare card
- Funding details (eg DVA, private health insurance, workcover or self funding)
- Benefit details (eg pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
- Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (eg prosthetic and disposables) if applicable
For any queries phone (08) 9447 0111 between 8.30am and 5.00pm.
If you have private health cover, it's important you contact your fund to confirm you are covered for your proposed procedure or admission.
We know health and billing charges can be difficult to understand. We’re happy to assist you in any way, however, we advise you also seek clarification from your doctor and/or your health fund.
Our pre-admission nurse may phone you prior to your day of admission. This is not the case for all patients however if you are contacted a brief medical history will be taken and admission and discharge details will be discussed. This is a good opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission.
Your doctor will let the hospital know the date of your procedure/operation Your doctor will also explain your procedure and complete the consent form with you.
If you have any questions about hospital procedures, completion of forms and costs or health insurance, for example, our staff will be happy to assist you.
Day of admission information
On the day of your admission, please check in at the front reception in the main foyer at the time indicated by your doctor.
Your doctor or the hospital will let you know the scheduled time of your surgery and subsequent fasting time (nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation).
Please bring along anything relevant to your admission including
- Doctor’s admission letter
- Health fund number/details (if applicable)
- Medicare card
- Regular medications
- Pension health benefits card (if applicable)
- Pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- Relevant x-rays and / or test results
- For a child - favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs
- Night attire, slippers
- Please leave any valuables at home
We have a range of accommodation including
- Single rooms with shower and toilet facilities
- 2 and 4 bed rooms with shared shower and toilet facilities
- Day patient areas with shared facilities
Single room allocation is based on clinical need, as determined by the clinical nurse manager in each area. If you don’t receive the type of accommodation you prefer, we’ll aim to transfer you to your desired accommodation when/if it becomes available.
For a Patient Information brochure click here