Our dedicated team of professional staff is committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patient’s stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, or complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the hospital.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (eg DVA, Private health insurance, workcover or self funding)
- Benefit details (eg pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (eg prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
- If you have any concerns with step 1, please telephone 08 9447 0111 between 8.30am and 5.00pm or send an email to OnlinePread.email@example.com
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund to check for any excess or waiting periods.
We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre-admission Nurse – This is NOT the case for all patients. If you are contacted:
A brief medical history will be taken and admission and discharge details discussed.
Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission.
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure/operation and inform you of your day of admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
If you have any questions about hospital procedures, completion of forms, costs or health insurance status, our staff will be happy to assist you.
Pre admission Clinic
If you are having a major surgical procedure you may be asked to attend a preadmission clinic at the hospital so a nurse specialist can speak with you about your hospital stay, your operation, previous surgical and medical history, what to bring to hospital, as well as to allay any concerns you may have.
Discharge planning will also be addressed at this clinic (eg who will care for you at home on discharge, who will take you home etc). We recommend you bring a relative or friend to this clinic.
Day of Admission Information
On the day of admission, please check in with the front reception in the main foyer at the time indicated by your doctor, and you will be directed to your admission area.
Your doctor will inform you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent ‘nil by mouth’ time. This means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring with you into hospital anything applicable to your admission including:
- doctor’s admission letter
- health fund number / details (if applicable)
- Medicare card
- regular medications
- pension health benefits card (if applicable)
- pharmaceutical benefits card (if applicable)
- relevant x-rays and / or test results
- for a child - favourite toy, formula, bottle and any special dietary needs (if applicable)
- night attire
- please do not bring valuables
We have a range of accommodation including:
- Single rooms with shower and toilet facilities
- 2 and 4 bed rooms with shared shower and toilet facilities
- Day Patient areas with shared facilities
All of our accommodation is classified as private and it is our aim to accommodate you as comfortably as possible. Single room allocation is based on Clinical need, as determined by the Clinical Nurse Manager in each area. If you do not receive the type of accommodation that you prefer, we will aim to transfer you to your desired accommodation when/if, it becomes available.