Palliative Care - Hospice Care Perth
Sandalwood Palliative Care Unit
Sandalwood is Glengarry Private Hospital’s specialised palliative care facility supporting people with a life limiting illness including cancer, leukaemia, motor-neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, end-stage respiratory, heart and kidney disease, end stage Parkinson’s disease and dementia.
Our focus with our palliative care service is on maintaining quality of life for people with a life limiting illness and meeting the needs of patients, their families and carers.
If your relative is being cared for at Sandalwood, our palliative care team will involve the patient and you in the planning and management of care so you can stay up to date with progress. Palliative care is most effective when everyone involved is informed, participates in treatment decisions and communicates openly.
Sandalwood liaises closely with community Silver Chain Hospice Care, and we refer patients and their carers to this service for continued life care support at home.
- 10 private rooms with ensuite facilities
- Pathology and radiological services accessible on site
- Two relaxing lounges, one with kitchen facilities
- Welcoming, homely environment
- Garden and courtyard for patients and families
- Convenient community location walking distance to shops, post office and florist
- Child friendly environment
- Pet therapy
- Your own pets welcome to visit, by arrangement
- Free parking
- Unrestricted visiting hours
The Sandalwood team
At Sandalwood, our hospice care service health professionals work together to deliver high quality palliative care including
- Specialist palliative care doctors and nurses
- Allied health professionals − pharmacists, physiotherapists, Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Grief and bereavement counsellors
- Pastoral care workers
Bereavement Support Program
Our bereavement program supports families. A remembrance service is held twice a year to acknowledge and remember loved ones.
A medical referral is required for all admissions. Nursing referrals are accepted by designated palliative care providers.
We accommodate privately insured, self insured or DVA patients.
Enquires can be made by anyone including family and patient, by contacting the Clinical Nurse Manager.
We welcome visits to view the unit. Please contact the Clinical Nurse Manager to arrange a time.
Admission may be arranged by contacting (08) 9246 6395.
Clinical Nurse Manager
Tel (08) 9246 6395