Palliative Care - Hospice Care in Perth
Sandalwood Palliative Care Unit
Sandalwood is an inpatient palliative care unit operated by Glengarry Private Hospital since 2005. Our service is dedicated to the assistance of patients with life limiting illness from either a malignant or non-malignant cause. Our approach is team orientated, holistic and inclusive to ensure that all patients and their immediate family or friends receive optimal care and support throughout the entire phase of the patients terminal illness. We value strategic early referrals to assist with the management of symptomatic or other relevant issues that may be impacting on the patients or their carers welfare.
Our team utilises a multidisciplinary approach to all patients with the intent of formulating a plan unique and specific for each individual entrusted to our care aiming to meet all physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Our team includes primary care physician, specialist nurses, social workers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, pastoral care workers and volunteers who work in a home-like environment supporting meaningful achievable daily goals for each patient. We welcome the collaborative input of family and friends and do our utmost to accomodate these key individuals.
Our service has established links with a multitude of health services within Perth and we are able to collaborate productively with either community or hospital based services in the co-management of our patients
- To affirm that each patient is unique and a valued individual
- To maintain each patients dignity, independence and quality of life
- To provide a safe, open and non-prejudicial environment for patients and their carers
- To achieve all of the above through collaborative teamwork built on mutual respect and sound clinical practice
- 10 private rooms with ensuite facilities
- Pathology and radiological services accessible on site
- Two relaxing lounges, one with kitchen facilities
- Welcoming, homely environment
- Garden and courtyard for patients and families
- Convenient community location walking distance to shops, post office and florist
- Child friendly environment
- Pet therapy
- Your own pets welcome to visit, by arrangement
- Free parking
- Unrestricted visiting hours
Bereavement Support Program
Our bereavement program supports families. A remembrance service is held twice a year to acknowledge and remember loved ones.
A medical referral is required for all potential admissions with the exception of referrals from other specialist palliative care units.
We accommodate privately insured, self insured or DVA patients.
Enquires can be made by anyone including family and patient, by contacting the Clinical Nurse Manager.
We welcome visits to view the unit. Please contact the Clinical Nurse Manager to arrange a time.
Clinical Nurse Manager
Tel (08) 9246 6395