Our maternity unit consists of
- 4 birthing suites and an assessment room
- 4 level 2 special care nursery beds
- 28 antenatal, postnatal and women’s health beds
- Spacious birth suites
- Multi functional birthing beds
- Large ensuites
- Therapeutic comfort tools
Special Care Unit
- Level 2 facility
- Ability to provide care for neonates from 35 weeks gestation
- Modern equipment
- Breast feeding facilities
- Baby bathing facility
In some cases, it may be necessary to transfer a baby to another hospital for a higher level of care. This can be a time of anxiety for parents. Our staff is here to ensure you’re kept informed of your baby’s condition during this time.
- 6 deluxe family rooms - double bed size accommodation with ensuite
- Single room accommodation with ensuite
- Each room is decorated with comfortable, modern furnishings and equipped with a private bedside phone and television access to all free to-air stations. A small fee for incidentals at the cost of $25 per hospital visit covers the use of the Wi-Fi and Foxtel
Choosing the birthplace of your baby is important. At Glengarry, we encourage expectant parents to meet our friendly, experienced staff and view our facilities.
Group tours of our maternity services are conducted every Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm. No appointments are necessary. Please meet in the hospital foyer just prior to 2.30pm.