Know My Midwife Program (KMM)
The Know My Midwife program gives mums-to-be the very best in Midwifery Continuity-of-Care through the coordination of regular antenatal & postnatal appointments with our highly experienced Midwives and your chosen Obstetrician.
This gives you the opportunity to form meaningful and trusted relationships with those who will be with you on your path to motherhood.
How does the Know My Midwife Program work?
Once we have received a referral from your Obstetrician or you complete the enquiry below, Glengarry Private Hospital will make contact with you to arrange an antenatal appointment.
The Midwife and your Obstetrician will share your care. They both will provide you and your loved ones with individual care and follow you through your journey.
What does Know My Midwife offer?
- Midwifery care by highly skilled Midwives
- Midwifery Continuity of Care
- Support for mothers-to-be and partners
- Antenatal Care
- Afterhours appointments available
- Postnatal care up to 6 weeks
- Parenting education and Support
- Breastfeeding education and Support
- Access to Women's Health Physiotherapist
- Access to Lactation Consultants
Postnatal Drop In Clinic
The Know My Midwife Team offers access to our Postnatal Drop In Clinic where maternal support, feeding, sleep and settling advice is offered by expert midwives and Lactation Consultants in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for up to 6 weeks of age.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions to protect patients, staff and visitors to our hospital, the Postnatal Drop In Clinic has been suspended.
If you have any questions regarding the clinic please call (08) 9447 0111.
How to book a place
Appointments are Medicare bulk-billed so there is no out-of-pocket cost to mums-to-be; it’s all part of our maternity service at Glengarry Private Hospital. If you’d like to take part in the program and have already booked in with your chosen Glengarry Private Hospital Obstetrician, then ask your Obstetrician for a referral at your earliest appointment & we’ll do the rest.
- Interested in Know My Midwife, but don’t yet have an Obstetrician? Visit our specialist page here to choose an Obstetrician.
- If you’d like more information or have a specific question on the program, simply complete the form below & we’ll get back to you.
Enquiries and how to reschedule appointments
If you have any queries or would like to reschedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact us
Call: (08) 9447 0111 (7am to 1pm)