About the Centre
The Early Parenting Centre is located at on site at Glengarry Private Hospital in Duncraig. Featuring 5 comfortable, single private rooms with ensuite for parent or primary caregiver, the Centre has been newly developed to create a nurturing, warm space within the professional hospital environment. Age-appropriate infants will sleep in a monitored baby pod, should parents not wish their baby to room-in.
A modern, communal lounge and dining space is available for parents to enjoy meal times and general leisure time.
During your stay, our team will support you to care for your baby and address the particular challenge you are experiencing. Our approach is flexible, recognising that the needs of each individual family is unique.
The Centre is equipped with a specialised team of nurses experienced in maternity, mental health, child health and infant development. A multi-disciplinary team of lactation consultants, paediatricians, psychologists and psychiatrists are also available as an additional resource, depending on the challenge parents are experiencing. Together, our qualified staff provide an integrated approach in a nurturing environment, working in partnership with families to address their specific concerns.
What to bring to the Centre
The following should be brought to the Centre for you and your baby for the duration of your stay:
- Medicare Card
- Child Health Record (purple book)
- Private Health Fund details
- Casual, comfortable day clothes for the duration of your stay and sensible footwear
- Night attire
- Personal toiletries ( including hair dryer and sun lotion in warmer months)
- Current medications
- Leisure materials (e.g. books, magazines, journal etc.)
- Notebook and Pen
- Small amount of money for incidentals (café and local shopping centre nearby)
- Personal electronics (e.g. Laptop, iPad, phone, including chargers & headphones)
- Expressing equipment if required
- Clothing for the duration of your stay
- Baby Toiletries (e.g. baby bath gel/moisturising lotion, nappy rash cream etc)
- Favourite toys, books and play mat.
- Bibs, swaddles/wraps or age-appropriate sleeping bags
- Current medications
- Bottles, bottle brush, teats, formula and infant cup (if required)
- Disposable nappies/wipes/nappy bags for the duration of your stay
- Any favourite dry snacks (rusks etc.)
Please note, Laundry facilities are not provided.
Glengarry Private Hospital will provide
- Towels, linen
- Individual steam sterilisation bag
- All main meals will be provided. Your baby will enjoy a separate age-appropriate menu, including purees for babies on first solids.
We recommend you leave valuable personal items at home, including money and jewellery as we cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage of any item brought into the hospital. For safety reasons, we ask you not to bring the following to the Centre;
- Cot toys and comforters which are made from beans/beads, have buttons or glass eyes, make noise/have lights.
Visitors and Parking
Your partner or other support person is strongly encouraged to spend time in the Centre in order for them to also understand your program and to attend the Partner and Carer group education sessions. However, our rooms are single, private rooms so partners are unable to stay overnight.
For visiting siblings, we recommend shorter, afternoon visits. The Centre can provide information on nearby local parks for any family outings should you wish. We discourage other visitors from coming into the Centre.
Parking is on-site and free, however please be aware parking is not monitored for security.
Phone: (08) 9447 0111
Glengarry Private Hospital
53 Arnisdale Road
Duncraig WA 6023